Hive Roaster User Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/17/2020 7:58 pm  #1

share recipes

Part of what makes the Hive so awesome is how you can roast in so many ways.  This is part of the reason why I dont specify a recipe or procedure on how to roast, but rather leave it up to you.
Use this section to leave a recipe for others to try.  I'll start:

In a cold roaster add 1 cup of Colombian beans
Heat on medium heat to medium high heat to achieve yellow at 6:30
Lower the heat at 8:30
crack at 10:20
Dump at 12 to 12:30 or when crack ends.
Results in light medium roast with low acid and strong dank flavors.
yes dank,  Please join me in adding dank to the flavor wheel.  Place it where you like,

This kind of info has most of the detail needed for someone else to give your style a try.  This will really help others who may be stuck in a rut, roasting the same way, or maybe a new-bee who just got the hive delivered about 10 minutes ago.  By the way, this is my go to, test roast I do for virtually all beans to determine the best course of action.  Its nothing fancy, but basic and will get you going without masking the potential of the beans.

2/18/2020 5:19 pm  #2

Re: share recipes

Can't wait to try this "profile" later this week. Will report back. I'm gonna have to lower my starting temp to get to Yellow at 6:30 as I'm normally there at 5:30 to 6:00. I also usually lower my heat at Yellow, so waiting another coupla mins will be  bit foreign, but as long as I print this out and post it by my Roasting Station I'm sure I can gitterdone.

Looking forward to some dankness! https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png

Board footera